Yesterday I led a delicious vegan cooking workshop in Tallinn in a delightful company. The menu was:
• Luxury vegan sandwich with homemade vegan Cheddar, white bean-sundried tomato spread and bean and zucchini cutlets
• Crunchy vegetable salad with creamy peanut butter and orange sauce and smokey barbecue tofu
• Juicy spinach and green bean lasagna with sunflower seed cream
• Fruit cake with coconut whipped cream on a raw crust
We had a lot of fun and the plates were clean afterwards. Here you can see some beautiful photos made by Mari-Liis Ilover. Scroll to the very end to see the salad recipe.
Crunchy vegetable salad with peanut butter-orange sauce and BBQ tofu
I like my salads hearty. They almost always are morelike a main dish and less than a simple salad. This salad is super crunchy andserved with a delicious, rich and creamy peanut butter-orange sauce and crispybarbecue tofu. I just adore this combo! Definitely try this recipe out and youwill fall in love!
SERVES: one huge salad bowl (about 10-15 people)
- one little red cabbage head (or a piece of a bigger one)
- 6 bigger carrots
- one little root celery (or a piece of a bigger one)
- some radishes
- some arugula
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice of half a lemon
Wash the cabbage and cut into thin shreds. Put thecabbage shreds into a huge salad bowl. Wash and peel the carrots and cut theminto tiny strips. Add the carrot strips to the salad. Peel the root celery, cutinto tiny strips and add to the salad as well. Wash the radishes, cut into thinslices and add to the salad along with arugula, salt, pepper and lemon juice.Mix well with your hands.
Peanutbutter and orange sauce:
- 10 oz / 300 g salted and roasted peanuts
- 1 ¼ cups / 300 ml orange juice
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
Blend the peanuts until you have a smooth peanutbutter. Add orange juice and soy sauce and blend more, until you have a creamysauce.
- 3 x 9 oz / 3 x 250 g firm tofu
- oil for cooking
- your favorite vegan barbecue sauce
Cut the tofu into triangles. Heat up some oil on apan (about 4 Tbsp). Add the tofu triangles and pan-fry them on both sides until crispy. Mixthe cooked triangles with barbecue sauce (use plenty).Serve the salad with the peanut butter and orangesauce and crispy barbecue tofu.