This salad reminds me of the potato and egg salad I used to buy from the grocery store a million years ago. Very creamy, filling and contains my latest huge favorite again – sunflower seed cream. What can I say, I’m obsessed with it. And it totally fits in this salad too, making it creamy and “eggy”.
Don’t forget to soak the sunflower seeds for 2 hours until over night before making this salad!
- 3 lbs / 1,4 kg potatoes (about 9 bigger ones)
- 9 oz / 250 g firm or soft tofu
- 1 little onion
- 2 cups / 300 g peeled sunflower seeds
- 1 1/4 cups / 300 ml water
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 4 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 3 Tbsp mild mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin walnut oil (you can leave that out if you want)
- fresh dill
Boil the potatoes (don’t peel them). Drain and let them cool down. Now peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes. Add the cubes to a bigger bowl. Add soft tofu or crumble in the firm one. Add chopped onion. Now make the sauce: drain the soaked sunflower seeds and add them to a deeper bowl along with water, turmeric, vegetable stock powder, mild mustard and apple cider vinegar. Blend until smooth (I used hand blender). Add the sauce to the potato cubes and tofu along with a pinch of salt, pepper, walnut oil and chopped fresh dill. Mix and serve.